Saturday, August 14, 2010

Is the Love We Had So Shallow?

Currently, I am watching a Hong Kong drama, "Mystery of Love". Quite an enjoyable movie, from my point of view. Started watching since Monday, with 5 episodes to the finale. Whilst the story line is really interesting, the love life depict in this drama is worth mentioning.

As the matter of fact, it shown that in life, there is some "class" exist in human nature. The rich people, and also the not-so-rich-people. How these 2 classes conflicted with each other. Usually, is the rich class who look down on those poor classes. As the Chinese saying, "dog eyes see people low". Due to this matter, two people, who loves each other, had to be separated because they come from different classes. Is this call love? Should not that when two people in love, they must learn to accept the other party's as a whole? Is the love that we had is so shallow?

Just recently I think a lot of the topic of love. And to understand what is love, I re-read a comic by the title "Bitter Virgin". From this comic, I get the gist of what love should be all about. Love is not merely on being together, getting marry, making love, and having children. All these are not important to me. What love really meant to me is, being able to protect the one we loved, staying by their side whenever they needed us, always wishing our loved one being happy all the time. These, I believed should make our love greater.

Besides, love should always come from a mutual feeling between two people. It should be a one way traffic. I used to get involved in a one way traffic. In the end, there is no results from this kind of relationship. As the saying goes, one hand will never make a clap. However, being involved in a failed relationship, I never really recover in term of confidence. Never really hope to search for a soul mate. Even if there is a suitable girl, I am not able to make any movement.

As the matter of fact, is it true that the love that we had is so shallow? Or the requirement being set too high to meet? Is it not that the most important thing in love is a the aforementioned above? However, human tends to have lots of needs in life, and will never be contented with what they have. As what I see, when two people in love, they always expect their other half to do something which pleases they, even though sometime, those requirement does not really gel with other. Sometimes, I wonder why people still willingly to do it? Just to make their lover happy, till the extend of sacrificing their own happiness? Is it not love is all about tolerance?

That's the reason why I said that love is so shallow. We would never really understand what love is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment